For the first time, Texas law has been interpreted to provide workplace protection for LGBTQ+ workers. The state appeals court decision follows on the heels of the June 2020 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that federal law prohibits employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
- IEA issues dire warning on carbon emissions, says Covid recovery anything but sustainable
- Germany’s biggest political power finally chooses who will lead it into crunch election
- India reports over 200,000 daily new cases for the sixth consecutive day
- Xi says China ‘will never seek hegemony’ no matter how strong it becomes
- Facebook-backed Diem aims to launch digital currency pilot later this year