President-elect Joe Biden appointed David Michaels to his Transition COVID-19 Advisory Board. Michaels, who is an epidemiologist, was the head of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) during the Obama administration.
- IEA issues dire warning on carbon emissions, says Covid recovery anything but sustainable
- Germany’s biggest political power finally chooses who will lead it into crunch election
- India reports over 200,000 daily new cases for the sixth consecutive day
- Xi says China ‘will never seek hegemony’ no matter how strong it becomes
- Facebook-backed Diem aims to launch digital currency pilot later this year