Four executives—including an HR manager—from two Mississippi poultry processing plants have been indicted on federal charges related to hiring and employing undocumented workers. The announcements come on the one-year anniversary of the largest U.S. workplace immigration raids in the past decade. On Aug. 7, 2019, 680 people were arrested at seven plants around Jackson, Miss.
- IEA issues dire warning on carbon emissions, says Covid recovery anything but sustainable
- Germany’s biggest political power finally chooses who will lead it into crunch election
- India reports over 200,000 daily new cases for the sixth consecutive day
- Xi says China ‘will never seek hegemony’ no matter how strong it becomes
- Facebook-backed Diem aims to launch digital currency pilot later this year