The COVID-19 pandemic and related declines in revenues from taxes and fees have hit local governments hard, draining emergency funds and leading to a loss of over 900,000 jobs, according to a new analysis of federal data by the National Association of Counties (NACO).
- IEA issues dire warning on carbon emissions, says Covid recovery anything but sustainable
- Germany’s biggest political power finally chooses who will lead it into crunch election
- India reports over 200,000 daily new cases for the sixth consecutive day
- Xi says China ‘will never seek hegemony’ no matter how strong it becomes
- Facebook-backed Diem aims to launch digital currency pilot later this year