According to the National Women’s Law Center, 865,000 women dropped out of the workforce in September when their kids went back to school or began online learning from home. But it’s not only women with children who are struggling at work right now. Black women are more likely than other employees to think about leaving the workforce because of concerns over their health and safety, according to the Women in the Workplace study.
- IEA issues dire warning on carbon emissions, says Covid recovery anything but sustainable
- Germany’s biggest political power finally chooses who will lead it into crunch election
- India reports over 200,000 daily new cases for the sixth consecutive day
- Xi says China ‘will never seek hegemony’ no matter how strong it becomes
- Facebook-backed Diem aims to launch digital currency pilot later this year