Furloughs due to the COVID-19 pandemic have resulted in some workers losing eligibility to take Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) time off. But these employees may be protected by other laws.
- IEA issues dire warning on carbon emissions, says Covid recovery anything but sustainable
- Germany’s biggest political power finally chooses who will lead it into crunch election
- India reports over 200,000 daily new cases for the sixth consecutive day
- Xi says China ‘will never seek hegemony’ no matter how strong it becomes
- Facebook-backed Diem aims to launch digital currency pilot later this year